Thursday, May 14, 2015

Do our preconceived Ideas Limit God?

Tonight was another amazing night in the Lord. What an honor to preach the Gospel.  We got a chance to minister to the Boys only tonight.  I am writing this with presenting my thought process behind what happens in the night of ministry. 

When we go into the jail there is so much stuff going on. Every person in there is in there for a different reason and a different purpose. So instead of just ministering one predesigned message. I try to release my thoughts on what the night may look like. As we pray before we go in, we reach to see what the Lord is wanting to do.  He sends it to us the quickest way we can get it. The three of us got our vision for the night and now that we have that vision we now submit it to the Lord.  In this evening we spent time revealing that God is moving every moment of every day with every person on the planet to show His love for them.  We just miss it. So we word things in the best way we can to remove those limitations off of people so they can just see God.  I usually warn them that what they had to pay for before will be free when they leave.  One said, before we went in, that the Lord was going to lead them to Him instead of asking them to stop looking at the issue they are in. Of course he worded it better then that. But I don't always remember the details. But I try to remember the heart of the Lord in it.  So when it comes time to minister it to someone we are to submit that to the Lord, and do it the way the Lord shows. 

So as we walk in there is a lot commotion. to be honest I have been in there so much I don't even realize it. I just am looking the Lord and doing my best to reveal what He is doing. but I seen some stand up and go into there room instead of being out in the main room. to be honest it was a time that those who wanted to stay out were wanting to be there. So we ministered to them.

Then after I preached.  I seen that it was time to pray.  I was just going to pray and usually after one person preaches its best to have them pray so it stays in the same flow of what that person was working in.  But we have the Holy Spirit and as I went to pray I seen one brother and immediately stopped and asked him to pray.  He went to pray for 3 different people the Lord showed him. One was someone that you could see was truly going through a hard time. I don't even want to explain it but it was the most important ministry of the night. Then he prayed for one person in a cast to be healed and then commissioned another kid.  he was going to be someone the Lord would use to minister to the young.  It was great because that kid can now reach for the Amazing plan God has for him.

then our other brother told me he seen that some need to be free of something. and when he revealed to them that which Lord showed him. He gave them an opportunity to respond. It took a bit but when one raised there hand like 10 more did to.  I loved how he handled it in a way that he would not get any credit for the deliverance.  He said God seen your hand and now your free.  ahhahaha. 

So in finality, God is going to do amazing stuff in the world.  Let us not let our thought on how God will do it, limit us.  Our goal is to not miss it. Don't miss what the Lord shows you because you think you already know how he will do it.  Many of us have tendencies on how we feel is the best.  some like written out stuff. some just go with the flow. whatever it may be. Most likely the Lord will do it the way that is best for the person receiving the ministry. Because we are human we like it our way. But Oh how great is our Lord to meet us right where we are at.  Most likely the Lord will rock our world and do it different then we expect. This is not to mess with us.  Its just reality. and God loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment